Tuesday, July 7, 2009

New York, New York!

This is a picture looking up into the Statue of Liberty. Being a pregnant lady the security guard let me ride the elevator up, which I was grateful for. I really didn't mind all the walking that much, but I knew I needed to be smart and take breaks when ever possible. So I did.
This was our first day in NYC. We went to the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and Battery Park. We all were exhausted from our red eye flight (which I could not fall asleep on, being huge and pregnant and super uncomfortable). After the S.O. L., that is when we went to Ellis Island and I found a spot on the grass and fell fast asleep.








This is a subway station we used allot. I thought the subway was super cool and grimy! I thought it was cool that you really could live in NYC and not own a car. We walked soooo much that my pregnant ankles got really swollen and fat and any time we stopped I would take the opportunity to sit down. I was always so excited to ride the subway to get off my feet, and all the dance co. girls were so nice to give up there subway seats for me.




This is a pic of my first airplane ride! I was pretty anxious at first when we were taking off, but it was dark outside and you couldn't really tell you were in the air, so I wasn't scared anymore. But I did get a little freaked out when I thought about all that air around us, and it was allot bigger than the plane. I am excited that I got to do this.





Ok I know I took this trip 3 1/2 months ago, but with my new baby I am finally getting to blog about it! This is a picture of me and my mother in law Jeanette, and sister in law Kathrin at the SLC airport waiting for our plane.




Our first day in NY was so fun and exciting. I love NY and would love to go back asap. I will blog more later about NY.







This is a video of some street dancers in battery park. This guy did a flip over 4 or 5 girls crouched down. It was amazing and super entertaining. I guess this is there only way of income so they encourage donations in a fun little cadence they recite together. Some of the girls got their cartoon portrait done in this park. We were constantly getting stopped by illegal street vendors, offering us fake Gucci sunglasses and bags, Chanel earrings etc...

3 comments:

Laura Burtis said...

So so much fun! Seriously, it looks like you all had a ball! I was so happy for you to go on this trip!

Lyndee W. said...

I'm glad you got to go! You totally deserved the trip.

Cardwell said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures April! It is fun to hear about your trip. You should include your little story about getting an autograph!