Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Bestest Day Ever!

On Friday when I went to pick up Victoria from school, I was waiting in the van when I saw her skipping with a smile towards the van! She got in and explained that her teacher let her class have a break and they didn't have any homework that night. Victoria shouted over and over "I'm Free, I'm Free, I'm Free!" I laughed and informed her that I had two surprises for her and Brady. She got a big smile on her face (again), and I said "We get to go to the Library right now and tonight you get to sleep over at Grandma's house!" She said "This is the Bestest Day Ever!" Later we had to stop at the bank and we went inside. I got the kids some sucker's while they waited for me. Victoria asked me to help her with the wrapper on her sucker, so I did then handed it to her. She said "Mom, this is the Bestest Day Ever!" The guy that was helping me busted up laughing and said " Wow, I have never heard anyone react like that before!" I said "She has been saying it over and over since I picked her up from school." He said "Wow, that must have been one good day at school!" I said "Well, she doesn't have any homework!" He started laughing again and said "I understand that!"
I am so glad Victoria was so grateful for everything she got that day!
April

4 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

Sean tells me this all the time! It's so funny! But, it helps me to remember to be grateful for the little things the make each day the bestest.

Laura Burtis said...

That is so dang cute! Oh man, I sure do love Toria! I stopped by mom and dad's house on Friday night and Toria just wanted to cuddle, it was so sweet. I LOVE your kids! (I love you and Alan too =)).

Mom & Dad said...

Yep! We have the cutest grandkids EVER! We just have to have our grandkids "fix" at least once a week and sleep overs are great, too! "Thnuggling" in bed with all of them in the morning is THE best!

Love,
Alan's Mom

Kathrin Paul said...

Classic! I love it!